- Category: Announcements
- Published on Thursday, September 11, 2014 10:59 AM
- Written by Adrian Cepero
Please be advised that no technology issue/request will be addressed unless it has been entered into SchoolDude. Except in cases of emergency, which are defined as situations where a large number of rooms/individuals are affected or there is imminent danger, no request or issue should be reported via email or phone directly to any technician or myself. If you do not receive an update on your request within 2-3 days (excluding weekends/holidays), please contact me and provide the SchoolDude ticket number. **Please note that this does not guarantee your issue/request may be resolved within 2-3 days since there are many variables that can impact how quickly an issue is addressed.
This process is in place for several reasons:
- Using SchoolDude ensures there is a record of your request
- Requests are properly routed automatically to the individual(s) responsible for support of the specific type and location of issue
- It provides valuable data that we analyze periodically to identify problem areas and balance workload
- Technology staff is evaluated on how quickly and efficiently they address requests. If issues are not entered into SchoolDude, this may negatively impact their evaluation.
There are a few types of issues that should not be reported using SchoolDude:
- Genesis Issues (including login)
These should be reported using the "Genesis Staff Support" form at the bottom of the left-hand column of this page.
- Gmail/Google/Windows Login Issues
These should be reported using this form: http://goo.gl/YBbz4l
- Printer Issues
Toners, drums and service must be requested using the United Business Systems 1-800 number provided on the device. In some cases, if the issue is due to connectivity, it may be referred back to our technology department in which case you should open a SchoolDude IT Request with "Network Connectivity" as the type of issue.
- Security Station/Badge Issues (including on copiers)
These should be reported using this form: http://goo.gl/6Mg5AZ
- Phone Issues
These should be reported to Marie Osorio at the Board Office who will then create a trouble ticket with our service providers.
If you are not familiar with SchoolDude or need a refresher on how to use it, please review the attached guide.
Thank you in advance for your cooperation,
District Technology Coordinator