- Category: Guides
- Published on Wednesday, December 05, 2012 10:22 PM
- Written by Adrian Cepero
SMART Notebook is the powerful lesson creation software made exclusively for SMARTBoards. It contains the largest library of pre-made content (both in its built-in gallery and through SMART's own SMART Exchange website) letting you quickly and easily enhance your lessons. In order to better explore its features and prepare lessons, I would highly recommend installing SMART Notebook on your home PC or Mac (if you haven't already).
To install the software, follow the simple steps below:
- Visit www.smarttech.com
- Click the "Support" tab, then "Software Downloads"
- On the next page, click "Select Version" under "SMART Notebook collaborative learning software"
- The latest version is 11 with SP1 (Service Pack 1). However, if you currently have Version 10.8 installed on your classroom computer, that version is also available.
- On the next page click "Download".
- Select "Yes" on the following page to decline the trial offer.
- Complete the information and click "Start Download"
Note: After download and installation, you will need to activate your software or it will expire in 30 days. Activation is simple and can be accomplished by registering your SMART hardware product. You will need the Serial # of your board, which can be found on the bottom-right frame of the board and generally appears as SBD680-XX-XXXXX. If your board has already been registered, please click here to retrieve your key.
If you would like a refresher on the SMARTBoard or SMART Notebook, visit the On-Demand training center.